‘Relax, we’ve got you covered!’
Eureka Insurance Brokers is the short-term insurance arm of the Nyaradzo Group. We offer personalized insurance packages for individuals and corporate organizations regardless of size of the portfolio. We strive to ensure that clients receive equitable attention from the insurers managing their insurance portfolios in line with the Group’s philosophy of listening, understanding and providing solutions.
Life and Pensions
- Houseowners: Covers buildings, fixtures and fittings against damage caused by:
- Impact by animals
- Accidental damage of water pipes
- Accidental breakage of windows.
- Householders: Covers loss or damage to household goods and personal effects which belong to the insured where such loss or damage occurs at the insured premises caused by the above listed perils.
- All Risks: Covers loss or damage to articles which are normally worn or carried on the person. Such items include clothing, baggage, spectacles, cellphones, jewellery e.t.c. The cover is taken in conjunction with Houseowners or Householders Insurance.
- Personal Accident: Provides one with the option of covering anyone in one’s household for personal damage or death as a result of an accident. Cover is provided in case of accidental death, accidental permanent disability or accidental temporary total disability and medical expenses. The insurer will pay the insured or his estate as per the limits on the policy.
This provides cover against loss of turnover, standing charges and continuing costs as a result of an interruption to the business following damage by an insured peril. This is also known as a Loss of Profits Policy and cover is put in place to protect Shareholders’ funds.
Office Comprehensive Insurance
Covers loss or damage to the contents and/or buildings as a result of fire, lightning, explosion, burst pipes, overflowing of water tanks, impact, theft and malicious damage.
Group Personal Accident
Covers any member of a defined group, aged between 16 and 65 years, for any costs which are as a result of accidental death or bodily injury resulting in permanent disability and medical expenses shortfalls. This is ideal for employees.
Provides cover in respect of various vehicles that are in the custody and control of the Motor Trader which are undergoing repairs, servicing or are for sale, against internal and external risks. Motor traders are panel beaters, roadside assistance providers and car sales dealers.
- Full Third Party: Covers liability for death or bodily injury to others plus damage to property of others up to a certain amount limit.
- Full Third Party, Fire and Theft: Covers third party liabilities as well as fire and theft loss excluding accidental damages.
- Comprehensive: Covers the insured for everything under Full Third Party; Full Third Party, Fire and Theft; Accidental Damage and other extras such as towing charges which are subject to limits stated in the policy.
All vehicles and trailers driven on public roads in Zimbabwe are required by law to have at least Full Third Party Insurance Cover. One has an option to pay for motor insurance cover monthly, termly (4months), bi-annually or annually.
Covers against any loss or damage to crops such as tobacco, potatoes, cotton, maize and sugarcane from growing stage to the selling stage, against perils such as hail, windstorm and fire.
Agricultural Buildings and Contents
Insurance for farm buildings and equipment is similar to home insurance. The policy would pay out if, for example, a fire destroyed the outbuildings of the farm or a flood damaged some of the machinery.
Most farm insurance policies cover only specified perils and might exclude escape of water or theft. One usually pays an extra premium to extend cover. Alternatively, one could opt for an 'all-risks’ policy, though it would almost certainly be more expensive than a standard contract, for example, if one were to live on a farm they normally would include own home and contents on their farm insurance policy so that they only have to deal with one renewal date.
This covers against fire, lightning, impact and malicious damage to property. It also covers the risk of theft and straying. One can insure livestock while they are in transit and can arrange specialist cover in case one breeds cattle and other animals that fail to deliver in terms of a reasonable number of offspring.
Covers legal liability claims which may be brought against the insured by the public in respect of accidental death or injury and accidental physical damage to property e.g. contractors.
Covers legal liability claims which may be brought against the insured in respect of accidental death, injury or illness to an employee arising out of or in the course of employment.
Offers protection for professionals such as doctors, solicitors, architects and accountants against loss or damage suffered as a result of professional negligence.
Covers manufacturing companies against the insured’s legal liabilities for death of or injury to a customer caused by a faulty product and also for any damage to their property, for example, foodstuffs may cause sickness or death; hair chemicals may cause damage or hair loss.
This form of cover is available for businesses where physical work rather than products are involved such as a vehicle or machinery repair. For example, if a component is put back wrongly into a vehicle or machinery and an accident results, then the policy would cover the resultant damage.
Directors and Officers Liability
Payable to the directors and officers of a company to cover damages or defense costs in the event that they suffer such losses as a result of a lawsuit for alleged wrongful acts while acting in their capacity as directors and officers for the organization. Such coverage can extend to defense costs arising out of criminal and regulatory investigations/trials and where civil and criminal actions are brought against directors/officers simultaneously.
Life and Pensions
Pension and Life Assurance Schemes in the private sector have become a common feature on benefits offered by companies as part of staff remuneration packages. The benefits derived from having such schemes are:-
- A forced way of saving for employees
- Attractive tax concessions for both employee and employer
- A way of attracting and retaining qualified staff
- Boosts relationship between employee and employer
- Projects a good company image.
In Zimbabwe, all pension funds are governed by Statutory Instrument 323 of 1991 and it is compulsory that all pension funds be registered with this Government legislation.
What is a Pension Fund?
A pension fund is a financial vehicle set up to provide benefits to employees upon death, retirement, withdrawal, retrenchment or disability. The pension fund has three primary functions namely; collection of contributions, investment of monies and payment of benefits.
Eligibility to a pension fund is open to all full-time permanent staff of the employer including working Directors. Also contract or seasonal workers whose contract is for more than two consecutive years are obliged to join the fund.
How do you go about it?
If you have at least 20 employees below the normal retirement age, Eureka Employee Benefits Department can assist in setting up your group pension scheme with the Insurer of your choice. Our Consultants will assist in the following:-
- Scheme design to suit your unique circumstances
- Interpretation of scheme rules, policy and other documentation
- Set up and training of the Board of Trustees
- Staff addresses
- Liaison with Insurer in claims handling
- Following up on all medicals
- Having Service Level Agreements with Insurer
- Regular communication with scheme Principal Officer.
In order for us to obtain quotations from various Insurers on your behalf, we would require the following information in respect of each of your employees:
- Date of Birth
Other Products on offer
- Marine Insurance - Covers the loss or damage of ships, cargo, terminals, and any transport or cargo by which property is transferred, acquired, or held between the points of origin and final destination.
- Engineering Insurance - It provides economic safeguard to the risks faced by the ongoing construction project, installation project, and machines and equipment in project operation
- Fidelity Guarantee – It indemnifies the Insured (the employer) for the loss of money or property sustained as a direct result of acts of fraud, theft or dishonesty by an employee in the course of employment.
- Bonds and Guarantees - is a type of insurance whereby an insurance company guarantees scheduled payments of interest and principal on a bond or other security in the event of a payment default by the issuer of the bond or security
- Assets All Risks - This is a combined policy that includes loss or damage to the insured’s property caused by Fire, Explosion, Earthquake, Flooding, Burglary, Consequential loss, Business Interruption or as per policy specifications.